Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Paxico, Kansas

We drove across Kansas today, or were blown across. Jim wishes it had been a tail-wind instead of a cross-wind. I think I saw some Longhorn cattle from Texas that blew across Oklahoma and landed in Kansas!

Because of the wind, cousin Jim stopped a little early today and we found a neat little town called Paxico (about 30 miles west of Topeka) . Jim and Pat tasted some wine at the Wyldewood Cellars winery and bought some cheese and sausage that is make locally. Many of the wines are made from berries: blackberries, elderberries, etc. The winery also sells elderberry concentrate, which they claim is "nature's option" for allergies, arthritis, asthma, colds and flu, constipation, diabetes, excema, and viral infections.

Since I don't suffer from any of these ailments, I didn't try the "cure." But if I find some good snake oil....

Warmest regards, Gus

No comments: