Friday, October 1, 2010

NC Transportation Museum

Yesterday and I had the opportunity to visit the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer, NC. The museum is located on the preserved site of the Southern Railway's steam locomotive repair facility. The exhibits trace the history of transportation in North Carolina and include trains, automobiles and planes. In addition to the exhibits, there are train rides and even rides on the turntable in front of the round house.
In the picture here, I am with Owney, a dog adopted by the mail carriers in Albany, NY; Owney was allowed to rides the trains with the mail bags and even traveled around the world on steamers. Owney was credited with bringing good luck to trains carrying the mail; I hope he brings good luck to me in my travels.
Warmest regards, Gus
P.S. Thanks to the staff at the museum for the movie on the history of the facility and for showing me such a good time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: