Monday, March 26, 2018

Life on the Mississippi

On our return trip to Colorado after attending the FMCA Convention in Perry, GA, I am sitting with Betty and Billy on the bank of the Mississippi River watching the tug boats push barges up and down the river.
The weather is cool and windy, but it always is fun to marvel at the power of the tugs.

Prior to the rally in Perry, I spent some time in Unadilla, GA, at the Tri-Chapter Rally and then some time in Cordele, GA, at the 3Ts Rally after Perry.

My plan is to spend some time in Colorado and then go to Rapid City, SD, and then much of the summer in Wyoming at three or four rallies. It is so much fun at the rallies to see people I have met at previous rallies. Many of them remember my name (I do wear a name tag) and often ask about my travels. Since I help with security at the rallies, I do get to meet most of the attendees. We had over 5,000 in Perry. I even got to see some of my friends from the Alaska trip I made in 2014.

Warmest regards, Gus

No comments: