Friday, October 31, 2008

My New Friend, Samantha

In my last blog I mentioned that I acquired a new friend in Colorado Springs, CO. Her name is Samantha, and is a three-year-old Chocolate Labrador Retriever. As you can see in the picture to the left, she is a good retriever--and gentle, too. She never bit hard on my arm as she carried me around. In the picture below, you can see that she was concerned about my welfare. She has become very protective of me, and my friends Betty and Billy.

Samantha was rescued in Colorado Springs by Jim and Pat's daughter and son-in-law. They got her before she was to be taken to the animal shelter. Since they already had two nice dogs, and I was looking for a dog to fill the void left by the loss of Felony almost two years ago, Jim and Pat agreed to give her a try. She has adapted to the motor home quite well, and is getting Jim and Pat trained to meet her needs.


Some people think Samantha is large (77 pounds) but she seems small compared to Felony, who tipped the scale at 200 pounds. She does have a lot of energy.

We are still in Espanola, NM, and Jim and Pat having been seeing many of their friends. They hope to see many more before leaving in a week or so for Arizona and California.
I do need some help from you. Even though Samantha is the "official" name of my new friend, she responds to Sami. At least that is how I spell it. Since I never attended school and do not spell very well, I want you to help me with the spelling. Should I use Sami, Sammy, Sammie or some othere derivative of Samantha? Please leave a comment on the blog to let me know your spelling preference.

Your friend, Gus
Posted by Picasa

No comments: