Friday, December 5, 2008

Verde Canyon Railroad

On Wednesday I got to ride the Verde Canyon Railroad from Clarkdale to Perkinsville, AZ. This was a four-hour round trip ride along the Verde River. The trip took us through a breeding area for the bald eagle, towering crimson cliffs, ancient Indian ruins, a 680-foot tunnel and old ranches.
Before we left on the trip, I got to meet Dennis, our engineer. Dennis told me the only way through the canyon is by rail--or walking.
Behind me is the beautiful Verde River canyon.
I met some really nice people on the trip and some of them wanted to make sure I had a "comfortable" trip. I really only drank hot chocolate and had a cookie, compliments of the conductor. I will share a picture of some really special people traveling on the train with us in a future blog.

Until next time....Gus
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

dana said...

Pat n Jim, seems like all of you are having a grand time n Gus looks very chrismasy n dapper, how exciting for all of you. Wondered if that was your pup addition? Keep us informed as always, from New Mexico we say hi n look forward to seeing you during graduation time..
Lita n Al