Monday, September 22, 2008

Here I am in Milwaukee with the "Fonz." I met two nice guys from Minneapolis when I spotted Fonzie standing near the river .
I am having a great time on the River Walk and seeing some of the sights. It is not quite the same as the River Walk in San Antonio, but they are working on it.

The real highlight this past week was meeting Walt and Myl Rundle. They used to teach in suburban Chicago and owned Black Bear Lodge in Red Lake, Ontario. I have heard so much about them and how good they were to Pat and Jim. Cousins Jim and Pat had not seen the Rundles in 40 years. They live here in Milwaulee to be near their daughter, Jill.

After walking around for several hours today, we wanted something to eat. We found a great German restaurant (Mader's) and had a great late lunch. We sat at the same table used by Robert Wagner and Stephanie Powers several years ago; the waitress wanted my name so they could put up another placque by the table, but I don't think they'll do it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: