Friday, September 26, 2008

Wisconsin Capitol


Here I am sitting and waiting for the Wisconsin State Supreme Court justices to enter and take their seats. I am a little nervous, but this is not the first time I have been in court!

Here is the capitol building in Madison; it is the third Capitol building for Wisconsin and was built between 1906 and 1917 at a cost of $7.25 million. The interior features forty-three varieties of stone from around the world. The Supreme Court room above is decorated with German and Italian marble, mahogany furniture, and four murals by Albert Herter.

After visiting the Capitol, I strolled down state street and ended up at the UW-Madison campus. I think most of the 41,000 students were also out on state street, and it was the middle of the day. I did find a new friend on state street whom I will be bringing with me to Colorado next month.

The weather has been great this week. Hope it hold for the next week or so before I begin the trip to Colorado.

Warmest regard, Cuzzin' Gus

Posted by Picasa

No comments: