Thursday, September 4, 2008

Turtle Lake, Wisconsin

The reason we came to Turtle Lake was to visit Bill and Janet Burhop, some friends I made at Llano Grande Park in Mercedes, Texas. One of their dogs was afraid of me then, but now we get along just fine. Last Saturday he took me out to the dog trials agility course where he trains and tried to teach me some the tasks he does in competition. As you can see above, I am not very agile going over the jump.
Then he tried to get me to go up and down the ramp--going up was fine, but going down looked scarey. I guess that is why I don't ski.

Finally, I decided it was best if my friend Betty and I just hung out on the ring and watched as the others worked.

Here I am "hanging out" on the street sign in front of the motor coach. I like this spot, since Pat and Jim's grandaughter's name is Danielle. I am wearing hand-me-down clothes from Danielle's older brother Christopher. They both live in Colorado Springs and I will get to visit them in October.

Today Jim took me out to a farm to see some horses, sheep and peacocks. The weather turned cooler, and the low temperature this morning was in the 40s. I will try to post more regularly, so keep checking my site and please post comments.

Gus
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Phylis said...

Gus, you need to fill in your profile so we can learn more about you! Glad to see you're having such a great time. Say hi to Pat & Jim for me.

Gus said...

I added a little to my profile. I am having a great time; today I am in Door County, Wisconsin. I gave your message to Pat and Jim and they send their regards to you.